66 BRIDGE STREET

Official listing†† No 66 grade II

With No 64 Bridge Street and No 57 West Street (gv). 3 storeys, stuccoed with rusticated quoins. Good

Victorian shop front with slender fluted columns and decorated pediments over 2 doors (shop where original

"Berwick cockles" are sold). 6 12-panted sash windows on first floor, and 6 later sashes on top floor.

 

 

 

OCCUPANCY

NO 66

During most of the 19th century the premises of W Wilson Ironmonger who presumably named the building after Queen Victoria to commemorate her Jubilee in 1887. The premises were acquired by Cowes in early 20th century but leased by them until the 1960ís when the wholesale business was established.

 

Francis Cowe to elaborate